POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question regarding MegaPov : Question regarding MegaPov Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:09:30 EDT (-0400)
  Question regarding MegaPov
From: L'Harmonieux Forgeron
Date: 23 Feb 2002 04:50:30
Message: <3C77665E.7C3A0186@free.fr>
Hello,

I was looking at the source code of some MegaPov 0.7 (one which include the
texture_list
feature for triangle in mesh), I was wondering :
why the textures array had been moved up from the mesh data into the object data ?
(Patch tagged NK 1998 / NK 1999)

Is there a specific reason ? An unknown evolution plan ? does it correct a bug ?
It does not use much more memory  (because if I understood the code correctly,
 the texture array is duplicated with each copy of the mesh, whereas previously it was
not,
and it's only an array of pointers to texture, not the real textures,
and there is usually not a lot of different textures,
but it keep me wondering...
--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/